Podcast: Navigating Invisible Disability | Syreeta Nolan
The second episode of the Voices of Academia podcast is live!!!
Listen to this episode directly at the link below, or click through to find the link to your preferred listening platform.
TW: Suicide attempts, medical trauma, and rape
In this episode of Voices of Academia, Emily chats with undergraduate senior, Syreeta Nolan (@nolan_syreeta), about the mental health impacts of navigating disability within universities.
This episode is essentially distilled down into two parts – Entering and progressing in academia after a mental health crisis, and the mental health impacts of trying to be accepted as a person with disabilities within academia.
- Crip Camp – YouTube
- Kubler Ross – change curve
- Students with disabilities address the Board of the University of California for the first time to advocate for adjustments and support (includes personal stories) – YouTube
- Alice Wong – Disability Visibility
- The Black Disability Framework
- #MyDisabilityMadeMeGoodAt and the inverse of #AbleismTellsMe
For mental health support, please contact your GP or use the appropriate support for your country at https://checkpointorg.com/global/
Sound: Mindset by Ketsa is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, available through Free Music Archive.
If you’re interested in being interviewed, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit this brief form.